I have all kinds of rambling thoughts and I might end up recapping the whole ep. There was so many great moments(both sad & happy) and goodbyes.
[Just in case some of you may not have see it yet, here is the spoiler cut.]
I figured that Neal would end up leaving NY but this was not how I saw it happening. Maybe we would have a scene similar to the end of Season one but without the plane explosion. They would finally talk and then Neal would go off into the sunset to perhaps returns one day.
I have come across talk that maybe Neal would fake his death but given that he faked it in the past when Peter was chasing him, I didn't think the writers would go that route. Besides I didn't think Neal could do something so heartbreaking to everyone.
Of course Keller acted just like the bastard he was & Neal was able to use that as part of his plan. Keller thought he was so smart but he didn't stand a chance against the combination of Peter & Neal. It was perfect that Peter was the one to take down Keller!!!!!!!! And when it was all said and done with, he didn't give Keller another thought as he ran to find Neal. I was on the edge of my seat encouraging Peter to hurry up and get to Neal!!!
When they were putting Neal in the ambulance and Peter showed up I was all YAY he made it and everything will be OK. I loved how Neal was emotional and said Peter was His Best Friend but then Peter didn't go in the ambulance & that had me worried. The next thing we see is Peter & Mozzie at the hospital and instead of the doctor coming out to take them to see Neal in his hospital bed, he was telling them he was Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To see Peter so devastated and Mozzie with his monologue on how Neal always had a way out just broke my heart. I so wanted Peter to just hug Mozzie just like he has done to Neal in the past but he doesn't. He stands beside him and put his hand on his back. To top off the heartbreak Peter is all alone in the hospital hallway as he breaks down and cries.
Even thought it was a heartbreaking con to perform, Neal knew that Keller was right & that the PP would seek revenge and wouldn't stop until they got it. After experiencing just how Violent Woodward (sp) & the PP are, Neal saw it as the only way to protect his family. I believe Neal didn't want to wait a year but maybe he was waiting (the Justice system is not know to be fast) for the sentencing of the PP to be all done with before he could tell Peter the truth.
* The one thing I found odd about Neal's death scene was that he was in a body bag. In other shows, there is usually just a sheet over the body and that is pulled back to identify who ever it is. It was definitely more traumatic this way and I wonder if that is why it was done that way.
I was hoping for a leap to a future time so we could see everyone happy together. To see how life goes on a year later was hard to watch. Peter seeing Neal in the reflection of his office window and then seeing Neal's empty desk was emotional. When we see Mozzie's card scam, I thought for a moment that here is where Neal reappears but it is Peter and they have a sweet, moving conversation. Mozzie tells him the story behind the playing card Neal gave him. I thought it was so sweet that Neal kept that card all these years.
I like how Neal eventually involved Mozzie in the con. He figured out how to keep Mozzie safe from the PP's revenge but also let him participate in the robbery. Mozzie was finally getting his dream of participating in that Final Big Score that they have been talking about ever since they first met. Unfortunately like all the Big scores, the cost of it was a high price to pay. It was a terribly sad thing to have to do to Mozzie but Neal knew that June & El and now Peter would be there for Mozzie emotionally. He knew that Mozzie now had a family. : )
More Great Moments:
* It was funny to see June & Mozzie sharing a drink and then June asking Neal if he remembers their meeting in that silly little thrift shop. I knew that when Neal was hugging June it wasn't a "until I see you later" hug but that he was really saying GOODBYE!!!
* El & Peter telling Neal they are having a boy and then they drink coffee and Peter says here to Cappuccino in the clouds. :)
* Neal reassuring EL that he will do everything to protect Peter and then saying that they are his family!!!!!!!
* Peter actually leaving the office on time to be home with his family!!!!
* Mozzie tells Peter that his name is Teddy Winters.
* Peter invites Mozzie over to see them sometime and then he shows up that night. OMG Peter & El are adorable as parents and they named their son Neal. I love that Peter invites Mozzie for dinner.
* Then the mysterious Wine shows up and Peter's gut instinct tells him something is up. So he figures out what Neal was doing with those storage units. I love the look on his face when he realizes Neal is alive. I wish we could have seen Mozzie's reaction when Peter tells him about Neal.
* The ending scene with Neal and seeing him do his hat trick before walking off into Paris was the final straw and then that was when I really started to cry. His family knows he is alive and that one day they will get to have a happy reunion. Besides Neal has to meet his namesake. :)
OH SHOW I am going to Miss you!!!!